LifeIf you haven't been able to tell, I'm a pessimist at best. However, I'm trying to learn how to be more optimistic. With that in mind, I've compiled a little list of things to be happy about or find happiness in.
5 Little Things To Be Happy AboutFriday, 3 April 2015
1. Puppies. If you don't look at a puppy and not even a glimpse of a smile appears on your face then shit is serious. Not only do I have a flick through my own camera roll of the ridiculous photos of my own two dogs I also turn to instagram. Instagram is AMAZING for pet accounts. Have a gander on @pugs and @puppiesforall. A word of warning, they will make you want all the puppies and potentially turn you into a crazy dog lady or man.
2. Smile more. There's actual real life science that proves that smiling more actually makes you feel happier. I have no idea how it works but go with it. Think happy thoughts.
3. Go onto spotify or your music library and put on your favourite songs or even the cheesiest of albums and sing and dance to your hearts content. This is also ten times more fun when done with a friend or pet that really doesn't want to be there but you'll make them stay in the room with you. (The pet, not the friend... well maybe the friend) If you want to believe you're Beyonce for an hour, you be Beyonce for an hour. Music is a wonderful thing and can aid you in not only the worst of times, but the best.
4. Treat yourself. I'm one of those people who feels guilty when they spend their own money. You worked for it, you use it. You can also treat yourself in other ways, a pamper evening, a film night and even a 'I'll eat all of this food because I am feeling things so what' session. Maybe even treat yourself to a few hours off of social media.
5. Say Yes. Perhaps you get invited somewhere and you don't really feel up to it and would rather crawl into bed than go out and socialise? However, 9/10 times you end up having way more fun than you would have had sitting at home crying at Ryan Goslings face. You could meet someone new, make a new friend, make a new memory and have an incredible opportunity come your way that you would kick yourself over if you hadn't of gone.